The Ultimate Study Abroad Experience
Intelligent, creative, uber-cool and multi-cultural. Whether you're exploring the hidden laneway bars or catching a tram to school, Melbourne is full of character. This city produces some of the best art, music, food, fashion, performance, design and ideas in the country. But itís not all sophisticated culture, Melbourne is also considered the sporting capital. Study Abroad in Melbourne and weíll show you this city's fabulous locals-only secrets!
Melbourne Program Highlights
- With four universities available, select an academic program and campus setting to suit your needs
- Experience living downtown in our high-quality, ideally located off-campus apartments
- Participate in our Cultural Events Program – designed to introduce you to the local Melbourne scene
- Live in Melbourne, known as Australia's most live-able city, with its charming café culture and cool nightlife
- Explore the Great Barrier Reef and tropical far north Australia during your comprehensive six-day Orientation Program, with a week of adventure and learning
- Experience an Alternative Spring Break with our optional Thailand or New Zealand, South Island excursions
- Benefit from the knowledge of our Melbourne Resident Director staff who introduce you to the local culture
"Melbourne was the first city that I have ever fallen in love with. The amount of culture, food, music, and art overflowing the streets and alleyways created an atmosphere that I never wanted to leave. The cultural diversity and uniqueness of the city was incredible to experience and explore. Not only was it a cultural experience of Australia, but also cultures from around the world. The closeness of our TEAN group in Melbourne made trips around the corner or to other countries easy because someone else would always be just as excited to go. Living in the heart of Melbourne opened up our world to new experiences every day and really showed us how lucky we were to share in this experience of studying abroad in Australia."
Katie Foltz, University of Oregon
Furman Financial Aid
Furman students are eligible to apply Federal and State Aid and Institutional Scholarships towards the cost of the program and must complete a Consortium Agreement in order to have their aid applied toward the semester cost of the study abroad program.
Furman's Application Process
Submit a study away application to Furman University by Furman’s application deadline. Applicants will meet with a representative from the Study Away office for an interview. Students for whom the program is a good fit will be accepted and pre-approved to apply directly to the program. Furman will send the affiliate program a list of names of students who are pre-approved. Once accepted by Furman, students will apply directly to the affiliate program.
Once accepted by the affiliate program, students must submit a Transfer Credit Authorization Form to the Registrar at Furman in order to be pre-approved to receive credit for classes taken abroad. Please contact the Registrar at Furman if you have questions related to the form.
To commit to a program, students will pay a $500 non-refundable deposit to Furman within 2 weeks of acceptance. This deposit is put toward the total cost of the program. Furman will bill students for Furman’s tuition, room, and board, plus a $250 administrative fee approximately two months before the program starts.